Monday, June 18, 2012

Miley Cyrus was Right

This weekend was action packed! 

Friday night of course we went to Olive Garden and had a little bit of fun. I think I already wrote about that, but the days tend to run together here. 

Saturday we went rafting! I have never been before, and thankfully we had the best guide ever! He was super relaxed and chill. Plus, he never got us stuck! 



Sunday we went to The Springs Church which I really enjoyed! It had a bit of a Hillsong feel to it! 

After that, I made the horribly optimistic decision to climb what is known as The Manitou Incline. It is a hike that rises 2000 feet within 3/4 of a mile. 
I normally don't do things like that because I always feel bad making people go slower than they want, but my group was so amazing and understanding. They told me they needed the breaks too, but I think they were just being nice. :) And I'm okay with that! There were several times that I wanted to quit, but I knew that I also wanted to make it to the top.
It took us about an hour and a half, but we did it. I sang The Climb by Miley Cyrus some of the way. She is so deep. 
"It's the climb."

(totally kidding)

In all seriousness that was a huge challenge for me. I definitely talked to God a lot on the way up. I think the idea of community became even more real to me. We were all taking the journey together, and it took us a little longer, but we all got there. 


Before we got started!


Like I said, we stopped frequently.


Somehow we had the energy to smile for this picture!


At the top!!!


This is my work space! I've never worked with two screens before, but I absolutely love it!


God has a sense of humor! The first assignment they gave me was a practice short over this story...Why yes. I will gladly right a short about Tim Tebow. 

I probably won't be blogging this week! Tons of work, but I will try to update as often as I can!

Oh and thanks Mom, Aunt Robin, Katie, and Lillie for the letters! I will have something coming your way soon! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment